tisdag 1 februari 2011

Why girls shouldn't play guitar


The Copystrats (Ville to the left, & Sarah's Burswood to the right)

Although I'm aware that a Fender Squier isn't the most valuable instrument, my boy Ville has a great personal value to me. After I had finished practicing yesterday, I so decided to give "Ville" a quick clean, and since I wasn't sure I'd be able to get the strings back in place were I to remove them, I attempted to clean around them, which worked just fine...

Until I took a look at the guitar an hour later and realized that a piece of the nut was missing.

I admit it, I totally freaked out. I blame this on the fact that I have no experience with having my guitars repaired (aside from that one time when they told me at the store that repairing any guitar worth less than 500 bucks was a waste of time), and that practice is of such importance to me right now. If I can't practice, I can't go to Tech Music School: If I can't go to Tech Music School, I'll be forced to continue living at home and put my dreams on hold: If I have to put my dreams on hold any longer, I'll have no choice but to enroll at the local university to become a... I dunno, social worker or something.

And I swear, I feel like I'd rather die than have that happen to me.

Luckily, the situation worked out after a couple of hours, thanks to my best friend Sarah agreeing to lend me her guitar until I could buy myself a new one or have Ville's nut (add an "s" and it'll be hilarious!) replaced. I went over to her place today and picked the guitar up, which was in good shape, some dirt and a missing high E string aside. I spent the rest of the night polishing it up, and then I decided I'd try to remove the high E-string from Ville and put it on Sarah's guitar instead. This worked out great as well, until I tried to straighten out the part of the string that had been wrapped around the tuning peg and broke it off. This resulted in the string becoming way to short, so now I have to head into town tomorrow and pick up not just one, but two new strings.

Sometimes I kind of hate myself.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar